It’s been over 4 months since my last post and I’m thrilled to write that I’m finally back 🙂 I’m also delighted to see that my blog has reached a few more people since I last posted. I must admit that such an extended break was unexpected however, since my last post, the following has happened (here are a few photos to set the scene):
1) I went back to full time work and started a new job as a junior sister. I’m now working as a clinical education facilitator (a fancy job title for looking after all of the students in the hospital). Part of my role also includes working clinically, which means I get to keep my nursing skills up-to-date.
2) I began commuting once more. We now wake up very early and get home very late, 5 days a week, travelling across 3 different counties (Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire). We are a one car household and, just to be awkward, we both work in different counties. This means that we spend approximately 4 hours a day in the car.
3) I had emergency kidney surgery after becoming acutely unwell whilst at work. The bonus is that work happens to be a hospital, so the problem was identified and rectified quickly. The downside is that I then had to make the long journey home, post-surgery, to start recovering….1 week before my wedding!!
4) I GOT MARRIED!!!
5) We went on a 2 week HONEYMOON to MAURITIUS!!!
5) We are selling our current property and searching for a house to buy. This is particularly exciting because it will be our first home purchase together and it means that we can a) end the hideous commute to and from work and b) start a family.
All in all, it has been a very busy 4 months. Needless to say, I have done absolutely NO sewing! Although I’ve still managed to increase my fabric stash! What little time I have left in the evenings has been taken up with cooking, eating and preparing for the next working day.
I’ve missed my Lil Juki and being a part of the sewing community. On a therapeutic note, I have really missed the deep joy that comes with starting and completing a project. Sewing works wonders at relieving my stress, which is much needed with settling into the new job, commuting and the impending house move. I also have aspirations of turning my passion for sewing into a profitable venture. For these reasons, I’ve made the decision to make the time for my sewing (and this blog) once again.
Over the coming months, I plan to complete some projects in the limited time that I have available and share my experiences with you along the way. One thing’s for certain….it’s good to be back!